LinkedIn Search; How To…
LinkedIn is the largest business focussed search engine around. Fortunately, it’s very easy to do a quick search on LinkedIn, and then, using Refine Search, constantly optimise the results.
So, if you are looking for more connections (as in your ideal client), your ideal staff, or ideal job… here’s how to use the LinkedIn search facility.
Searching on LinkedIn
The Search bar at the top of several LinkedIn pages allows you to search for people, jobs, companies, posts, and more. You can click any of the search suggestions that appear in the dropdown list as you type, or submit your search to see the full results.
To run a search on LinkedIn:
- Enter your keyword in the Search bar at the top of the page
- Select an option from the dropdown of suggestions that appears as you type, or click the Search icon (magnifying glass) to run the search
- The type-ahead feature predicts related search terms as you type your keywords into the search bar
- If you've searched for a company, the LinkedIn page will appear in the dropdown (assuming a company page has been created)
- You'll see the following tabs at the top of the search results page:
- Select any of the tabs to view search results in that category.
You can access advanced search by clicking the link next to the search bar on the header of the LinkedIn website.
You can also find many of the advanced search tools just by clicking "Refine Search" on any LinkedIn search results page.
The best thing to do is experiment with the search facility until you get the hang of it. Then you can start to ask people become connections, or a supplier….
LinkedIn is a great marketing, networking and business development tool. Both for individuals and business-to-business firms. We would be delighted to help raise your profile (and the firms).