What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you think about the word, marketing? Like many people, you probably think about improving sales, leads or business in general sense. The fact of the matter is, however, when marketing is done properly it builds confidence in potential clients and a sense of trust that will truly help to take your business to the next level.
‘people buy from those they Know, Like and Trust’
It’s all about the brand! True, but let’s have a look at some practical aspects. The website is often the first point of contact for many potential buyers,. Indeed, there is a heavy reliance on Internet research during the purchase cycle. Around 93% of buyers use the Internet to assist with their purchasing decisions.
The Marketing Universe
Now it's hard enough getting people to visit your website, so why risk promptly losing them because you failed to make a credible impact? Visitors will contact you and buy from you when they know you understand their needs and when they have trust and confidence in the firm.
So here's my take on how you can establish your firm's trustworthiness and exude confidence:
- There's no better way to gain trust than by showing your organisation's good reputation with testimonials
- If you’re doing a great job for your clients, let people know who you have worked for
- Make sure your website content is up-to-date (There’s nothing more off putting when you notice the copyright date belongs to a previous year)
- Provide staff biographies, an outline of their expertise and possibly a photograph
- Consider providing free information so that people can sample your expertise (e.g. past copies of your e-newsletters, a downloadable report or a white paper)
‘people do business with people not buildings’
Trust in Business Firms Is Falling
Don't let this lack of trust spill over into your business